Polling shows strong global opposition to Israel’s illegal 50-year occupation of Palestinian land, and mounting outrage over Israel’s ongoing slaughter of unarmed Palestinian civilians who are fighting for their rights. Nevertheless, public sympathy and support for Israel within the US continues to hold strong. The Occupation of the American Mind zeroes in on this critical exception, breaking down the devastatingly effective public relations war that Israel and right-wing pro-Israel advocacy groups have been waging for decades in the US. Narrated by Roger Waters and featuring leading observers of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, the film explores how the Israeli government, the US government, and the pro-Israel lobby have joined forces, often with very different motives and interests, to shape American media coverage of the conflict in Israel’s favor. The result is a stunning look at how — and why — American media coverage of the conflict regularly minimizes the occupation, vilifies critics of Israeli policy, and dehumanizes the Palestinian people.
Visit the Filmmakers Home Page for more information
- 1.17 Million Reasons & Truth In Media
- Jim Stone: “Ammonium Nitrate Is an Oxidizer, Not an Explosive. Lebanon Was Nuked”
- Normalising nuclear – beware of this public opinion campaign – theme for October
- Psywars The Hidden Battle for Your Mind
- Trump Administration Backs Deadly 5G Technology, and His Supporters Are Silent